Saturday, April 08, 2006

addicted to information

I wonder, is it possible to be addicted to information? If so, I think I might be - at least addicted to the internet. Lately, if I don't get to check all the feeds of the blogs and sites I frequent, I feel like I'm not keeping up with shit. I feel a strong need to keep my ear to the ground or my finger on the pulse of tech or whatever. I always want to see what the next big thing or technology is going to be - or at least try to predict it.

If you too want to get addicted to the internet, go to Netvibes, set up an account and add some feeds (make sure you add http://del.icio.us/rss/popular) this is the shit. It's basically a list of the most popular bookmarks added to de.icio.us and why I like it is because I think most of the people who use delicious have definitely got their ears to the ground so I fell like I'm in good company.

I've noticed lately that I'll read something on the net and then a couple of days later I'll see the same story on cnn or something. Things are definitely changing. I think the net now comes out with new storys first and then tv news channels catch up a few days later. b.t.w, if these posts don't make much sense, its because I mostly write them late at night - basically, they're brain farts.

actually, I think I'm just writing this to keep track of my thoughts - so you can disregard most of it, it's not meant for public consumption.

that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home