Saturday, February 09, 2008

Unlocked iPhone OTB 1.1.2

Hey hey it feels like Christmas!

So, I just managed to unlock my UK iPhone (OTB 1.1.2) finally!
It seemed like I had been waiting forever for this crack, but it's actually just been since November. THANKS GEOHOT!

Anyway, the process wasn't too bad if you know what you're doing - I didn't.
I got it right eventually, and that's why I'm writing this post, so it'll be easier for you!

My starting point was a jailbroken OTB 1.1.2 iPhone

1. I followed the iClarified tutorial.
My phone said "starting the unlock" then froze half way through and rebooted.
When it rebooted there was still no carrier listed in the top left corner.
So it looked like it didn't work!

2. Install bricktool.
I decided to follow this advice:
WHO EVER IS HAVING THE spinning wheel AND REBOOTING U HAVE TO: FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE GETTING NO SERVICE after unlocker specially in OTB 1.1.3(modem:4.03 and bl=4.6) put bricktool files in USR/BIN OPEN TERMINAL IN PHONE AND USE THE FOLLOWING COMMMANDS AND RESTART THE PHONE
cd /usr/bin
chmod +x bricktool
bricktool d (after this command it will tell you PHONE PART ENABLED)
here we go for bricktool http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0tpu9 thats it.

My carrier showed up in the top left corner. My iPhone appeared to be unlocked and I did a little war dance around my room. But then I noticed it kept crashing when I tried calling.

3. Install iWorld
Then I discovered, if you live in a foreign country, you need to install iWorld and select your country from the list. Then, no more crashing!!

Aaaaaawwww Yeeeeaaah, unlocked iPhone!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous unlock iphone 3g said...

it’s very likely the latest batch of iPhone 3GS comes with baseband 05.11.07.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home